10.16.2011

Retro photo diary




A scramble of last night in photos... Does it look a bit like I've got a 1969 vibe going on there? Ok good. That's because the hostess/ birthday girl of the evening decided on a 60's party theme, complete with a vintage punch bowl and a killer buffet spread. Since I'm a failure at doing my own hair, and hair in general, a trip to the DryBar was the crucial touch in last nights costumery. I didn't want to appear like I was intentionally donning a Halloween costume, but more so like an actual retro relic living in present day, a la Brigitte Bardot. 
Champagne at DryBar, martinis at The Edison, followed by several cups of punch and mint juleps at 215 W. 7th and I called it a night at 2:30am, my longest rendezvous since 2004. It was a good way to get prepped for the end of the month. 
However, as a consequence, I woke up this morning hangover free but with a hankering for red meat. This is new to me since in my experience it's always been carbs and pancakes that were needed following the night of awesomeness. But no, it's meat. 
And I have to say that substituting Morning Star vegan burgers on my salad in an attempt to squash the offending hankering failed miserably. No one should ever subject themselves to those "burgers". Ever. Even coating them in avocados did nothing to veil the awful taste of mushy dirt. 
Thinking a trip to Umami might have to be called to order. I hear they have a veggie burger that's pretty amazing... yep, Umami just made my Goals for Sunday list. Who wants to take Brigitte to lunch?


I get by with a little help from my friends

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment