7.16.2011

Avoiding road hazards

Packing for a month of traveling is hard to do, but it's been made more simple for me this time around since 3 out of 4 of the locations are ideal summer destinations: Las Vegas, Palm Springs, and San Diego. 
(Last year was incredibly challenging since I was flying from the west coast to the east coast, and then back again in between seasons.)
Since then, I've learned from my experiences and not only have managed to avoid over-packing, but picked up a few pointers for managing the beauty regime without having to pack my entire bathroom.

Travel essentials, from left to right.
1. If you work a lot out in the sun, sunscreen is MAJOR. I have sunspots on my cheeks from skipping the application all last year and now I'm wishing I had listened to my mother... (who doesn't?) Sheer Touch smells amazing, soaks in instantly, and has the tiniest hint of shimmer.

2. Kiehl's Super Fluid SPF UV Defense is the best sunscreen made for the face and I'll tell you why. It's incredibly lightweight, non-oily, and makes your skin baby butt soft. Are ya sold? Me too.

3. Let's be honest: if you're working 10 hr days, no one really gives a crap about how grease-free and fresh your hair looks, but really, I know I secretly do SO- enter Rockaholic by TIGI. Dry shampoo is a god send and since this is the first time I've ever used dry shampoo and I'm over the moon about the results, I'm not switching anytime soon. Plus, it's travel sized!

4. I've been using MoroccanOil since I discovered it on the shelf at EddyJames two years ago and it's become a hair staple twice a week since then. It's a lightweight oil that softens and scents your hair with the most incredible mixture of grease-free shine and coconut. Also available in full bottle size. 

4. Clinique Dramatically Different lotion. Use it everywhere, from my face to my cuticles. Get yourself some and your skin ceases to be thirsty. 

Next on the schedule is Palm Springs, and I'm hoping for a mini spa date ;) Just because you've got a crew job is no excuse for unsightly nails. Hope everyone's enjoying their summer travels!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment