6.13.2011

Introspect and the Dakota

Alexander Wang booties from Edon Manor

 
Misc pieces from my closet + Dakota booties



Guy running away from the casting studio down the street. I think it went well for him, don't you?
My own attempt at sprinting... maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Alexander Wang makes a beautiful concoction with the Dakota, my most favorite shoe to date. A combination of patent & soft grained leather, boot & sandal, and exposed vs. covered, this is my ultimate in versatility. The most unique twist is the heel, a rounded column swathed in patent with an inverted seam. I can't get over the rounded toe either, nor the shoelaces and exposed heel, which are a delicate touch to the otherwise firm and shapely structure of the Dakota.

Refinery29, an online media publication, led me to Edon Manor; Refinery29's site not only has great articles and insights into beautiful homes, closets, and restaurants, they have deals every so often a la DailyCandy, LivingSocial, and Gilt Groupe.

Edon Manor New York
391 Greenwich Street
New York, NY
212.431.3890



In other news...

June gloom is a yearly weather mishap but it's not necessarily deemed unwelcome by the entire city. Everything cools off these few weeks of summer: the car, the evenings, and the house. It's a break from the constant sunshine and somehow it provokes me to step away from rose-colored glasses. This week has been about redefining goals once again, and it's my goal to make my life as enriched as possible by using every moment of my time to doing something that I love and enjoy. I really do hope that this frame of thinking stays with me for all of my days here. Not to be morbid or even over hypothetical about life but it's just my way of thinking, we only have a limited amount of days and if I were to leave without notice, would I be satisfied with leaving my life as it was?


No comments:

Post a Comment