4.11.2011

April showers bring red daises


Gap jacket, Rebecca Taylor silk dress, vintage belt, Opening Ceremony boots



 Ever feel like you've lost your way and at each fork in the road, there are two more forks for each path? Me too. In general I have a road map for each day (tidy up the house, exercise, make a to-do list), but for the "rest of my life" goal list, it's hard to pin point where exactly I stand right now. I know that I am happy. That I am filled with loving relationships, and that in my heart I know that I am in the right place at the right time. My bucket list hangs on the refrigerator and is slowly collecting strike-throughs as well as newly numbered additions. But what about the in between stuff? The what-to-be-when-I-grow-up blank on the chalkboard remains vacant at this point in time save for the facts that I know to be true: I love photography, writing, content, magazines, books, and adventure. Sounds like child's play I imagine to 90% of the population. Fortunately for me, I live in a little place called Los Angeles, where as Mr. Wonka rightly says, "we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams." I've also found my match, my "person" as they affectionately say, who inspires, enables, and encourages me to embrace our bohemian lively hood as an opportunity to succeed where others haven't. To live our lives doing what we love the most. So every day, I wake up, and live my day with pen and paper, music and song, light and air, and with clarity, significance, and dignity. I embrace sacrifice, find the humor in that sacrifice, and am blessed to have this small, ever so delicate moment in time that is mine to spend doing what I love. So really, this sacrifice is opportunity in disguise, a moment that is mine for the taking, and I am running like wind to hold onto it. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment